Thursday, July 01, 2010

July and August 2010 - Oxford, England Reading Programme

I will spend 5 weeks in July and August in Oxford - reading a library of texts on issues exploring Jewish-Christian Relationship - including perspectives on "otherness."  The work will take place connected both to Oxford University where I will have access to the Bodleian Library and where my work will be coordinate with faculty and research scholars from around the world, principally sharing our time together at the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies.

A few years back I completed my research toward my Dissertation from the University of Manchester.  I lived and worked out of the Nazarene Theological College while there completing research in the John Rylands Library.  I just discovered that I will have opportunity to attend a reunion at NTC on July 11th.  What a delight!

Upon my return I'll immediately be away to Duke University to continue my work with their Faith and Leadership Program.

And, then back to Oklahoma to ramp up (quickly!) for a full program of courses for the Fall.

Needless to say, I do not anticipate posting often or at all to my blog in the next few weeks.  But, I may surprise myself!

Most of my time will be invested in this schedule of reading I send along in PDF format.  I'll be busy - and look forward to it!

Posted via email from Marty Alan Michelson, Ph.D.

No comments: