Friday, January 07, 2011

Jordanian Former Student & her son, Mt. Nebo and Jericho Meal (without Rahab!)

We have had great experiences here.


I can not explain how wonderful it was to meet in a house church with former students (who I taught in Madaba, Jordan a few summers ago) as they were leading worship!  Fantastic. 

And the students have a handsome young son who I was able to meet!

Perfect days of weather (though a bit hazy). We crossed from where Moses saw the "Promised Land" and entered the land in and through Jericho. In Jericho, we had a wonderful meal on the rooftop near a palm tree! 

I love my job.  I really, really, really love the long and short term experiences of teaching and shaping persons for the church.

I love the fact that I have been privileged to teach students around the world - who are now shaping the world.  And I love the fact that I know - without any doubt - that this trip to this land will forever shape the teaching and preaching of the students who are with me!  And, what is more - it will help them to be more open to other cultures, and more discerning of issues of peace and peacemaking in the world!

No comments: