Friday, January 25, 2013

Divorce & Faith

As faithful as I want to be in modeling life for our children, I am reminded nearly everyday of the perspectives that shape their identity, as a result of the fact that my children are raised in two separate homes because of divorce.

I grieve over how the disruptions of these dislocations have shaped them for many, many, many years.

Sadly - a series of new reports from various studies with the Center for Marriage & Families - confirm that even "good divorces" have a strong negative effect on the faith life for the children of divorce. An executive summary for press release purposes is here.

This is "sad news" for me for the future of belief and believers - and sad news for me, very deeply, as a parent.

I wish we in our world will find better ways to love one another.

No comments: