Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bangkok Living - Rotary Peace Fellow - Start of Summer 2011

I am not sure how often I will post this Summer - 2011 - about events going on in my life in Bangkok.

In four days already - there would be pages of "journal" or "reflection" type entries to record - and what I have had time to record I am sharing in more personal, family ways through other venues to my immediate family.

But, I did want to note that I have arrived safely in Thailand - and am excited about a comprehensive curriculum and "in-the-field" program of study in Cambodia, and on the Thai border with Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Laos in the next several weeks.

The pictures should be obvious from what I stand in front of - One clearly has me at the Rotary Peace Center at Chulalongkorn University and the other was a Welcome Ceremony at the The Rotary Centre in Thailand with my area host counselor, PP.Sanit Sakseree.  An additional picture of the 17 total recipients of this fellowship-scholarship opportunity with our Thai Rotary Host Counselors.

It's late Sunday night for me, June 12th, (exactly 12 time zones ahead of my family in Oklahoma) - and I'm up reading a text entitled:  Contemporary Conflict Resolution:  The Prevention, Management and Transformation of Deadly Conflicts - in preparation for course discussion this week.  My accommodations are very much "Graduate School Style Dormitory" on the campus of CU - - but comfortable, clean, and graciously hosted by many Thai persons - kitchen style sink, plenty of hot water in a personal bathroom, air-conditioned (very humid here!) with good internet.  All is well.

I am delighted to be the recipient of this fellowship through Rotary International and am anxious to see the doors that will be opened for me for extended work in peacemaking and fellowship and extending "the good for the all" through the Eupan Global Initiative into the future.

No comments: