Saturday, November 17, 2012

On Career Moves & "loosened soil"

An influential leader of an important evangelical movement, is changing jobs. 

I love the language, as well as the sense of  grace & providence,  revealed in his departure announcement.  I hope to be as discerning & aware - and available to God's direction.

"Earlier this year in January and February, I began to have a sense that God was loosening the soil around the roots of our lives," wrote Birdsall in an announcement. "It seemed like it might be a year or two early for a change. However, I have always thought I would rather leave a year or two too early than to stay a year or two too long. I have always wanted to respond to God's leading and to make moves only when they were by divine appointment."
Link to full announcement of Birdsall's resignation the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization.

No comments: