Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Random Bits

  • In the past few days I had unique opportunity to use a mentorship relationship to "correct" and "direct" a young person.  Based on his maturity, and our relationship of reciprocity, he readily listened and appropriately received the counsel I offered.  I've already seen him shift in small ways in response to my counsel - and I genuinely believe his life and his relationships will be better as a result.  I'm proud of him - and happy for him - and thankful for opportunities to help others . . . I hope!  =)
  • In recent days I've reflected often on a great maxim for life that I learned from my mom.  "Just because it's a great deal, doesn't mean it's a great deal for you."  Wise words, I use often when I do not buy or do not acquire things!

No comments: