Sunday, February 01, 2015

Painting what is unseen, Waxing what is hidden

Our daughter came home as I was painting behind the fridge.

"Why are you painting back there, Dad?  It's not like anyone can see it!"

And I wonder to myself, "Have my kids learned nothing from me!?"  ha!

I shared with her, "I'm painting back here because I will know it is painted.  And!  I'm painting back here because we live by the motto from my childhood: 'Once a job has begun, never leave it 'til it's done.  Be the labour great or small, do it well or not at all.'"

I had my wife get a picture of me painting behind the fridge so that now I can say "See - everyone can see it!" ha!




Robyn also got a picture of me painting our lofted ceiling over our stove area.  For some reason, my wedding ring stood out to me in the picture - maybe as an image to capture my love for  Robyn and I was re-painting the second coat of the new colour, after she decided the first colour was not to her pleasing.  She's happy now, and so am I.







And, the old-University-Chemistry table that has been our dining room table for many years needed a good coat of Johnson's Paste Wax, so Robyn got a picture of me sealing up the parts that most people don't see as I polished the entire table - top to bottom.








Then, pictured with some shine and the new carpet!

No comments: