Saturday, February 06, 2021

Progress

I feel like I have to be making progress on some task, and usually some tasks, everyday.

I'm not good at relaxing.

Late Summer and Fall 2020 involved quite a bit of re-orientation to new work as Clinical Mental Health Counselor.  From diagnosis to billing insurance for mental health assessments, there was much to engage.

October 2020 - I "moved" from Oklahoma to Oregon and have been serving as pastor to the Eugene, Oregon Fairfield Church of the Nazarene.  (Links to Sunday Sermons their youtube site here, toggle to November 2020 to January 2021 for what I shared.)

January 2021:  I passed the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) National Counselors Exam (NCE) and created a video to help others succeed in passing the NCE.

I've been hiking or skiing in the Oregon Cascades at least one day per week - or - one day per week at the Oregon Coast.  I love, love Oregon.  I've helped many persons in various issues personally or in projects in the past week - from chopping wood to serving the homeless.

Life's curious.  Even in "my happy place" in Oregon and with emerging professional achievements, I still don't feel like I accomplish enough most days.  And, there are many days where loneliness is clearly present in my existential awareness.

Alas. 

Life.

Meaningless, meaningless  . . . everything is meaningless.  

Most urgently, I miss my wife and her dog, Lulu (Punky-Diddle).  

SARS-CoV-2 and the way humans are freely offering their bodies as carriers for SARS-CoV-2 to mutate to infect more people, is distressing.  The last months of 2020 and first month of 2021 in American non-bi-partisian-ship and disruptions have been distressing.  

Meaningless, meaningless  . . . everything is meaningless.  


No comments: