Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unique Conversations at the Parish

I was told by David sitting outside our church this evening that I was a "young fella" and, as he said to me, "your awful young." (And it was expressed "your" - not "you're.)

It was a nice compliment.

But, alas.

He would go on to tell me he'd never seen me before. Even though I have preached in our church for over two years on a consistent basis - and he has been in the congregation.

And, he went on to tell me that two of the pastors in our church had "stolen in the spirit" two gold rings that he used to have. It was a bit confusing. But apparently your "spirit" can leave your physical body in some "spirit" way - go to other bodies, steal their things - and transport those physical objects spiritually - then re manifest them as physical things. It was a bit more confusing than that, but that was the gist of it.

And, David would tell me that there are people in our congregation "right now" who he saw on his Cherokee land in the 1970's. These people, says David, actually killed children on his land and he witnessed it. When I asked him why he would choose to worship here with these murderers he said he was waiting for God to judge them.

So, while I'm thankful for David's compliments on my age. I'm not entirely sure he's a credible source. Too bad.

No comments: