Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What inspires you?

I wonder what our lives would be like if we could go back and discern the specific things in the past that have inspired us?  Not just caused us entertainment, but inspired us in a way that re-directed our lives?

I wonder what would happen with our future - and the future of the world, if we could find things inspirational enough to re-shape our lives in new ways?  It certainly seems to me that the best of science and art and imagination and existential depth would be necessary components for inspiring us!

I offer these reflections for your consdideration as I share this link where:

Julie Gardham, Senior Assistant Librarian at University of Glasgow’s Special Collections Department, takes a look at the book that was said to have spurred a young Isaac Newton onto the scientific path, The Mysteries of Nature and Art by John Bate.

No comments: