Friday, August 30, 2013

You cannot please all the people all the time.

Of course the expression is tried and true!  "You cannot please all the people all the time."

I just reviewed a class survey completed by the learners from in a course I taught several months ago.  Honestly, I had one person say I was "one of the greatest" teachers they have ever had, and another a "Great Teacher," and another wrote about my quick and generous communication.  It would make me feel only good, except that another learner said I was "too harsh."

I cannot please all the people all the time.

It's a good thing, that I rarely "try" to please people and instead simply try to act consistently with my core values and core hopes for life!  I certainly HOPE people are "pleased" in working with me but I can not control their perceptions and I can only work diligently to as consistently as possible remain consistent in my lifestyle.  My core values include extending peace, opening relationships of reciprocity & grace, extending kindness and enacting justice toward eupan

Those who are close to me know that my daily prayer for myself and my family is that we would become people who are faithful and honest, kind and true, gracious and generous, people who reflect and embody the life of God's Kingdom.


While I am imperfect, my belief and hope is that most who encounter me will see the genuine desires of my life embodied in these ways.

No comments: