Saturday, May 07, 2011

Appliances and Yard Work

This site originated as a place where I track my reading.  But, over the last couple of years I have cited a few other things.

I haven't had time to do much reading of late - too busy with too many papers to grade from too many assignments I've assigned!  Phew!

Today was a crazy day.  I moved 9 separate dryers and 1 washer - back and forth between 6 different properties.  Boy I'm glad that I own a pick-up truck, a trailer, and a good appliance dolly!  Oh, and glad I own properties and garages to get stuff moved around in. 

A few weeks ago I hired a friend to help me sort and organize all my tools!  My tools are organized better now than they have been in - well, forever.  Never have my tools been so clearly organized, labeled, stored and picked up.  Very, very nice.

I like scholarship - my life in books and thinking - preaching and communicating - but I like working too.

I've said to my wife many times - if I weren't a scholar - and if I couldn't live in Oregon - the next best thing would be to be a groundskeeper at a gorgeous golf course.  (Preferably in the Northwest - or West Coast - but I could go to pretty places East of here.)   I love mowing.  Silly.  But true.  I love mowing grass!

No comments: