Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to tell a story . . . .

Stories reveal a depth about who we are and what experiences we have had.

Storyteller1

Stories evoke reality and truth from us and elicit emotion, surprise, and pathos from those who hear our stories.

I long to become a better story-teller.

The attached PDF document creates "Story Prompts" that any person or group or family can use - personally or collectively - at home, at school, in a community setting.

I received a document nearly like this - as part of the Leadership Education Professional Certificate program completed through Duke University's Faith and Leadership Program. The document I received looked like it had been FAXed and photo-copied many times - and it had no copyright or Author note. I edited and revised some of what I received there and reshaped the original too in a few new ways. I do not claim to have created this - but I freely share it after having edited it for better use.


Story Prompts collected by Marty Alan Michelson.pdf Download this file


No comments: