Saturday, October 21, 2017

Podcasts - Peace Talks Radio, Other Podcasts & Apps


I want to "promote" the Peace Talks Radio podcast.  

I engage it routinely - and it has great content.  It's "lesser known" than other podcasts and I want to "inspire others" to find it.  



Additionally, for those who might be interested, I'll share a few non-religious podcasts I listen to frequently (in no particular order):

  • Sincerely X
  • TED Talks Daily
  • Conflict & Resolution with Tammy Lenski
  • Quirks & Quarks
  • 99% Invisible
  • Stuff You Missed In History Class
  • TED Radio Hour
  • ON Being with Krista Tippett
  • Peace Corp Stories: The Unofficial Podcast
  • My Peace Corp Stories


Podcasts I find meaningful for religious connection (in no particular order):

  • Kingdom Roots with Scot McKnight
  • The Meeting House Audio (Canadian Brethren Church)
  • Word of Life Podcast (Zahnd)
  • College Church of the Nazarene (Nampa, ID)
  • Jacob's Well (since there are many with this name: jacobswellchurch.org )
  • Office of Rabbi Sacks
  • The Bible for Normal People
  • Jesus at 2AM: A Humorous, Intelligent . . .
  • Oklahoma City First Church of the Nazarene
  • Lake Shore Baptist Church
  • 60 Seconds of Solitude:  Mindfulness Meditation


I'm not big on being an "APP" user on my Apple Brand iPod . . . though, I do value the following:

Overdrive (for my library books) - I use this every.single.week and have been known to require family members in other States to get a library card in their local library and let me borrow their digital books! :-)

Breathr and Breathe have great mindfulness meditations.

Pocket.   (I'm new to this app, but a professional colleagues promises me I'll love it as I add content to it and use it to "read to me.")




No comments: